|Puzzle n°49 (*) - Fawn Silver Somalis|
- Is this beautiful somali yours ? What is her coat colour called ?
this is the question asked one day by a visitor in a cat show.
- This colour is called « fawn silver », the soft orange-beige base colour contrasts with the pure white hair base. It's the lightest colour found in the breed.
The conversation went on for a long time. This visitor was very happy to learn a lot of things about somalis...
- How many cats do you have ?
- Not many. This breeder over there has 20, but I'm far from it ! I prefer to keep a small-size breeding activity, for the cats to be better at ease and to enable more interactivity with them.
- But how many ?
- Well, if you take any two of my cats, the probability that they both be fawn silver is exactly 50%.
- Oh, I see...
Are you, too, able to compute the number of cats at this stage ?
... I'm giving up...
|© Marie-Bernadette Pautet, 2005-2019||
Last page update: 10.6.2010